During the strategic planning process, keep the following tips in mind:
• Involvepast, current, and incoming club leaders.
• Include a wide variety of perspectives by involving the full club or a diverse representation of your club’s membership.
• Consider all ideas.
•Ask an unbiased facilitator or a small group of facilitators to run strategic planning meetings.
• Reflect on how your club’s goals align with those of your district and the priorities and goalsof the RI Strategic Plan.
• Be prepared to revisit your plan each year and adjust your strategic priorities and annual goals as needed.
Develop a strategic plan by engagingmembers in the process below. Use the accompanying worksheet to record your ideas.
1. Where are we now?
• Create a list of your club’s strengths and weaknesses as of today.
• Create a list ofopportunities and challenges facing your community.
When assessing your club’s current state, consult Be a Vibrant Club: Your Club Leadership Plan to determine what your club is already doing well andwhat you could do to rejuvenate it.
2. Where do we want to be?
• Create a list of 5 to 10 characteristics that you would like to see in your club three to five years from now.
• Draft a...