Respostas da atividade avaliativa 1
De língua inglesa II
A. Directions: Fill in the blanks with the Simple Past or the Present Perfect of the verbs in parentheses.
1. I knew ( Know) Tim whenhe was a child, but I saw ( see) him for many years. I know ( know) Larry, my best friend, for more than 20 years.
2. The company and the union finally agreed ( agree) on salary raises two daysago. Since then, they have agreed ( agree) on everything, and the rest of the negotiations have gone smoothly.
3. Our university has send ( send)120 students to study in other countries last year. Inthe total, we were (send)850 students abroad over the last five years.
4. John missed ( miss)his Math exam this evening because he oversleep.( oversleep)
He slept ( oversleep) a lot since thebeginning of the semester. He’d better buy a new alarm clock.
5. Claire is a law student. Ever since she was enrolled ( enroll) in law school, she missed ( miss) a class due to illness.
B.Directions: what’s the meaning of the verb forms? Answer the questions about the pair of sentences:
a. Ann was leaving the room when I walked in.
b. Sam had left the room when I walked in.
June got weton the way
Question: Who did I run into when I walked into the room?
Answer: I ran into Ann when I walked into the room
2. a. When the rain stopped, Tom rode his bicycle to work.
b. Whenthe rain stopped, June was riding her bicycle to work.
Question: Who got wet on the way to work?
Answer: June got wet on the way to wok
3. a. Mary went to the supermarket because she had run outof food.
b. Sarah went to the supermarket because she was running out of food.
Question: Who is better at planning ahead?
Answer: Sarah is the best to plan ahead
4. a. Alice was walkingto the door when the doorbell rang.
b. George walked to the door when the doorbell rang.
Question: Who had been expecting the doorbell to ring?
Answer: Alice had been expecting the doorbell...
Ler documento completo
Por favor, assinar para o acesso.