The 100 Ch/Sec Wideband
Signal “Search Machine”
100kHz–1309.995MHz* wideband coverage
While the IC-R6 receives an ultra wideband frequency
range, the radio provides superior sensitivity and
receiver characteristics that is insusceptible to
interference. Amateur stations, AM, FM, short wave
broadcasts, TV audio* and a variety of utility
communications can becaught and listened to.
* Frequency range depends on version. Analog TV audio
only. Cannot decode digital TV audio.
100 channels per second high speed scan
The IC-R6 has 100 channels per second high speed
scan capability*. This superior scanning power allows
the utmost efficiency when searching over 1300MHz of
spectrum! * VFO mode scanning.
15 hours of continuous receive capability*
TheIC-R6 is energy-efficient, designed to provide many
hours of listening enjoyment on a single charge. With the
supplied rechargeable Ni-MH cells (1400mAh ×2), the
IC-R6 provides up to 15 hours of continuous receive
capability*. * At 50mW output using external speaker.
1300 memory channels with 22 memory banks
With 1300 alphanumeric memory channels, 50 scan
edges and 200 auto write memories,the IC-R6 gives
you flexible scanning. Use the bank link scan feature
to choose from and connect any of the 22 memory
VSC (Voice Squelch Control)
The VSC opens the squelch only when a modulated
signal is detected and ignores unmodulated beat
noise. It is a handy feature for those listeners who are
scanning for talk, news and music, but not data bursts
The IC-R6 can be powered by rechargeable Ni-MH
cells, or with alkaline batteries. Run the IC-R6 using
the AC adapter, BC-196S, or opt for a cigarette lighter
cable, CP-18. When used the optional drop-in charger
stand BC-194 with the AC adapter or cigarette lighter
cable, you can easily start charging the Ni-MH cells,
while eliminating the need to connect the power
source to theDC power jack of the receiver.
• Built-in audio low pass ﬁlter
• ±1.0ppm high frequency stability (at 25˚C)
• Earphone cord antenna for AM aviation as well as
• Ferrite bar antenna for AM broadcast
• 150mW loud audio with internal speaker
• DTCS and CTCSS tone squelch and reverse tone
• Priority watch function with prioritybeep function
• Optional CT-17, CI-V level converter for remote control
• PC programmable with optional CS-R6
• Receiver-to-receiver cloning (optional OPC-474
• Auto power OFF (0.5–2 hours and end of busy signal)
• Compact, drip-resistant construction
• Duplex operation monitoring
• Automatic LCD backlight
• Dial speed acceleration
• Built-in RF attenuator
• Auto memorywrite scan stores the detected frequency, mode and tone into a speciﬁed memory
• Reversible up/down buttons and dial knob for volume, frequency, memory channel, scan direction
and set mode settings
• Optional new tube earphone, SP-27
• Weather channel receive with weather alert
(USA version only)
• Frequency coverage
266.7MHz, 19.65MHz, 450kHz
266.7MHz, 19.95MHz, 750kHz
• Sensitivity (except spurious points):
4.995MHz 0.32µV typ.
5.000MHz– 29.995MHz 0.25µV typ.
30.000MHz– 117.995MHz 0.18µV typ.
118.000MHz– 246.995MHz 0.18µV typ.
247.000MHz– 469.995MHz 0.18µV typ.
470.000MHz– 832.995MHz 0.32µV typ.
1030.000MHz–1309.995MHz 0.35µV typ.
76.000MHz– 108.000MHz 1.1µV typ.
(12dB SINAD) 175.000MHz– 221.995MHz
470.000MHz– 770.000MHz 1.8µV typ.
4.995MHz 1.3µV typ.
5.000MHz– 29.995MHz 0.89µV typ.
118.000MHz– 136.000MHz 0.63µV typ.
222.000MHz– 246.995MHz 0.63µV typ.
247.000MHz– 329.995MHz 0.79µV typ.
: More than 12kHz/–9dB,...