To use Cambridge School Dictionary (CSD) with a PC, you must have:
· 350 MHz processor or faster (800 MHz processor recommended)
· Windows® 2000, XP or Vista
·Super VGA 16-bit colour, 800x600 resolution
· CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive
· 300 MB free hard disk space
· 256 MB RAM (512 MB RAM recommended)
· Adobe® Reader® 7 or 8
· sound card with speakers orheadphones
· a mouse or other pointing device
· a microphone if you wish to record yourself speaking.
To install CSD on a PC
To install CSD on your computer, complete these steps:
1. Turn onyour computer.
2. Insert the CD in your CD-ROM drive. Follow the instructions on your screen as CSD installs automatically.
You must be allowed to install software on your computer, i.e. haveAdministrator privileges.
If CSD does not install automatically, complete these steps:
i. (Windows Vista) Click the START button, then click COMPUTER.
(Windows 2000 and XP) Double click on MY COMPUTER.ii. Right-click on your CD-ROM drive and choose EXPLORE to view the contents of the CD.
iii. Double-click on the file ‘setup.exe’ and follow the instructions.
How to upgrade to QUICKfind version1.1
To use the QUICKfind feature of the dictionary with Windows® Vista® and Internet Explorer® 7, you must have the latest version of QUICKfind (version 1.1), which is included on your CD-ROM. Ifyou have an earlier version of QUICKfind on your computer, and you chose not to upgrade it when you originally installed CALD3, you must uninstall it and install QUICKfind version 1.1 manually byfollowing the instructions below.
To uninstall an old version of QUICKfind:
1. Make sure CSD is closed.
2. Uninstall the old version of QUICKfind using the Control Panel.
(Windows Vista and XP)Click and hold the Start button, then click Control Panel.
(Windows 2000) Click and hold the START button, point to Settings, then click Control Panel.
The Control Panel opens.
3. (Windows Vista)...