STUDENT: JOSE MARIA SILVA MONTEIRO
PROFESSOR: DR. Lorne Ranstrom
June 2, 2012
Lesson Plan: Reading and Vocabulary
Subject: English Language Arts
Grade: 10Massachusetts Framework
Students will understand and acquire new vocabulary and use it correctly in reading and writing. |
* Determine the meanings of unfamiliar words using context clues (for example,Contrast or cause and effect stated in the text).
* Analyze the main ideas and supporting details presented in diverse media and formats (e.g., visually, quantitatively, orally) and explain howthe ideas clarify a topic, text, or issue under study.
Reading accurately and extending vocabulary through the use of text and dialogue.
* Use the rightpronunciation when speaking English from a variety of sources for various purposes.
* Identify the means of new vocabulary.
* Find the main idea and several supporting details in a new story.
*Explain the meanings of words and expressions
Content: Reading and Vocabulary building - Text and Record: Hamlet, by Shakespeare.
* Interactive Smart board
* Writing paper
*Pencils and erasers
* Computer with Internet access (optional)
1. Present the dialogue on tape record.
2. Listen to the conversation
3. Answer the questionregarding this conversation
4. Introduce the text “Hamlet” by showing it on interactive smart board.
5. Divide students into small groups (two students) and give each one the text.
6. Askthe students to read the text (dialogue).
7. Ask them to highlight the new words or expressions
8. Create a list of key vocabulary.
9. After this, discuss what students learned about mainideas and supporting details. Ask them:
10. What was the main idea of the text? What are supporting details? How are they used in a story?
Students who have a limited...