Listed below are the basic teachings that we cover both in our American Bujinkan Dojo Branch Studios and through our Bushindo University video Home Study Course in Ninjutsu. This information and more will be learned before receiving a Shodan (1st degree blackbelt) from us. All rank certification comes from Soke Hatsumi in Japan and is signed by Shihan Van Donk. Please noteour studies go up to 10th dan and are endless in information and application.
Remember: Practice with an open heart, flexible body and a free mind.
1. RESPECT - SELF AND OTHERS Everything begins and ends here.
1. BOWING - SITTING AND STANDING "Shikin Haramitsu Daikomyo".
1. BREATH WORK Your breath is spirit. You will learn several types of deep breathing techniques to quiet,still and reflect the mind.
2. MEDITATION (meditation or quiet thought, inner prayer).
3. JUNAN TAISO (Muscle flexibility & conditioning skills) Muscle stretching and body conditioning will be done before class.
4. UKEMI GATA TAIHENJUTSU (ground hitting skills, breakfalls, rolling and leaping)
2. Zenpo Ukemi (forward breakfalls)
2. Shizen (standing)-Ryote (two hands) Katate (one hand)
3. Tsuki (punching/kicking from breakfalls)
3. Koho Ukemi (backwards breakfalls)
4. Yoko Nagare Ukemi (sideways breakfall)
5. Zenpo Kaiten (forward rolling), Naname (diagonal)
4. Ryote (two hands)
5. Katate (one hand)
6. Mute (no hands)
6. Koho Kaiten(backwards rolling breakfall without raised leg)
7. Ryote (two hands)
8. Katate (one hand)
9. Mute (no hands)
7. Sokuho Kaiten (side roll)
8. Oten (Cartwheels)
10. Ryote (two hands)
11. Katate (one hand)
9. Hicho Kaiten (both height and distance rolling breakfalls)
10. Yokonagashi Zenpo Ukemi (ground drop)
12. Kiten (handsprings)
13. Kuten (front and back flips - no hands).
14. Shiho Tenchi Tobi (directional Heaven-Earth leaping techniques)
12. Sokuho Tobi (sideways leap)
13. Fudoza Tobi (leap up with legs tucked)
14. Zenpo Tobi (front leap)
15. Koho Tobi (backwards leap)
15. Shoten No Jutsu (running upsurfaces) - Subir parede correndo
16. Kuhi (flying techniques)
17. Shinobi Aruki (silent movement)
18. Tai Sabaki (body evasion)
19. Nobori Kata (climbing buildings, trees, poles)
20. Stealth (ground crawling)
21. Inton (concealment/escape)
7. SHINKEN TAIHENJUTSU - Muto Dori Gata (Sword evasion Forms)
8. KAMAE - Basic Taijutsu Postures (there are many more)
25. Seiza No Kamae
26. Shizen No Kamae
27. Kongo Gassho No Kamae
28. Ichimonji No Kamae
29. Hira No Kamae
30. Jumonji No Kamae
31. Kosei No Kamae
32. Hicho No Kamae
33. Hoko No Kamae
34. Doko No Kamae
35. Ihen No Kamae 36. Fudoza No Kamae
9. SANSHIN NO KATA
37. Chi No Kata (EARTH)
38. Sui No Kata (WATER)
39. Ka No Kata (FIRE)
40. Fu No Kata (WIND)
41. Ku No Kata (VOID)
10. KIHON HAPPO GATA - Eight Fundamental Forms
42. Koshi Sanpo Methods
16. Ichimonji No Kamae
17. Hicho No Kamae
18. Jumonji No Kamae
43.Torite Goho Methods
19. Omote Gyaku (outward wrist reversal)
20. Oni-kudaki or Omote Gyaku Ken Sabaki Gata (against a punch)
21. Ura Kote Gyaku (inward wrist twist)
22. Musha Dori - Ude Jime Ashi Ori Gata (elbow lever than kick leg)
23. Ganseki Nage (throw)
11. DAKENTAIJUTSU - Techniques of Striking
44. Hokenn Juroppo - Sixteen...