by Paul Nuñal on Feb 19, 2012 with 4 Comments
Featuring a 4.0 inch display and a 1 GHz Nvidia Tegra 2 dual-core processor, theAtrix 4G is one such beast capable of doing just about everything. But, you can unleash the Atrix 4G’s full potential even more by installing custom ROMs. Almost every rooted Android user knows thatthere is nothing better than having custom ROMs. For starters, custom ROMs are always preferred to stock ROMs due to the fact that crapware and bloatware are virtually eliminated in custom ROMs,providing a faster and snappier experience.
But, before you get your hands dirty with installing custom ROMs, you need to have a recovery tool to make your life easier. Rooted users of the Atrix 4G willsurely love how they can install ClockworkMod Touch Recovery, as it can unlock the full potential of their device, as well as let them use the recovery interface by just tapping their touchscreens(instead of using the Volume keys and Power button, as in the non-touch version of ClockworkMod).
If you’ve got yourself a rooted Motorola Atrix 4G, then it is easy for you to flash the recovery, for afee, via ROM Manager from the Android Market. But, if you are on a tight budget, you can simply install it absolutely free via ADB in just two, quick, easy commands.
In this tutorial, you will learnhow to install ClockworkMod Reovery Touch on your Motorola Atrix 4G without spending any cash on ROM Manager.
* Rooted Atrix 4G with unlocked bootloader
* ADB installed on yourcomputer
* Download ClockworkMod Touch Recovery for Atrix 4G.
1. Download the recovery image to your PC.
2. Rename the file into something that is easily recognizable such asatrix4g.img.
3. Copy the file into the same folder where fastboot.exe is located. In most cases, this is inside /android-sdk/tools/.
4. Launch a command prompt on your computer and enter the...