1) Listen the conversation. Check the correct answers.
1. His first name is ______________________.
[ ] Z-A-C-K-A-R-Y [ x ] Z-A-C-H-A-R-Y [ ] Z-A-C-H-E-R-Y
2. Sue’s phone number is ___________________.
[ ] 718 – 555 – 8781 [ ] 718 – 555 – 8881 [ x ] 718 – 555 – 8871
(B) READINGYahoo! Jobs
When it comes to finding a job the product you are promoting is you!
Your self marketing campaign…
To run a successful self-marketing campaign there are several things that you need to understand -
the first is that the only way to sell a product is to be knowledgeable about it. You must also be confident and prepared - you have to believe in the product...and in this case theproduct you are promoting is you! You will need to make contacts at many different levels and will have to be organised in order to keep track of them all.
There are seven vital steps to an organised campaign:
1. Keep a record of your job leads and possible contact information. Compile a list of everyone
that you should contact.
2. In your notebook create a worksheet with the followingheaders: Employer/Contact Date/CV Sent/ Follow up
3. Enter information as you perform each task - if an employer asks you to call back on a specific date and time, it is your responsibility to call at the required time.
4. Give yourself a daily "To Do" list to ensure that you avoid confusion and set goals that allowyou to follow up every lead.
5. Make time to go to the library and use the Internetto research prospective employers. Knowledge of an organisation is a great selling point for an employer.
6. Investigate upcoming job fairs in your area. These help you learn about current and future job openings and to develop contacts.
7. Identify employment agencies in your industry sector that you wish to register with.
Texto adaptado de: http://uk.careers.yahoo.com/articles/2.html2.) De acordo com o texto acima, o que deve ser promovido na busca por um emprego?
A) Seus contatos. B) Seu curriculum vitae. C) Possíveis empregadores. D) Você.
E) O seu conhecimento da empresa.
. A DREAM “DOME HOME”
1. Huiet and Helen Paul live on Sullivan’s Island, South Carolina, U.S.A. One unfortunate day in 1989, Hurricane Hugo destroyed their home. They had to build a new home, butthey didn’t choose a normal home. Their son, George, helped them to build a dome home. They call their dome home “Eye of the Storm.” It has four floors, giving 3,500 square feet of living space. It cost $600,000 to build.
2. They chose a dome home because it is very strong, so it will be safe in bad weather. It also uses very little energy. It costs fifty percent less to heat than a normalhome – and it’s very fashionable, too.
3. On the ground floor is a parking area. An elevator goes up to the entrance on the next floor. This is the main living area, which includes a kitchen, living room, dining room, and entertainment area. There are also three bathrooms and two bedrooms; all have a view of the ocean. A fireplace on the inside even becomes a barbecue on the outside!
4. On thenext floor is the main bedroom and bathroom, plus an entertainment area. The Eye’s top floor is a loft with a sofa and a huge window. “Mom loves to relax and read up here,” says Huiet, “and the kids love to sleep up here.”
5. Visitors to the Eye of the Storm love it. It’s so unusual! People say the dome home makes them “feel alive,” and that it’s “fun.” I guess the old saying is true – There’sno place like dome!
From: READING KEYS. Macmillan Publishers Limited: Miles Craven, 2003. p.146. (Adapted)
3) Select the proposition(s) which contains(contain) correct references to the following words, underlined in text.
01) they (paragraph 1) Huiet and Helen Paul
02) it (paragraph 1) floors
04) it (paragraph 2)...
Ler documento completo
Por favor, assinar para o acesso.