THE INTERROGATIVE PRONOUNS
• Identification: WHAT + Noun ? Ex: What book are you reading?
WHICH + Noun ? Ex: Which drinks do we need?
• Possession: WHOSE + Noun ? Ex: Whose car is that?
•Choice: WHICH + Noun? Ex: Which bag is yours – the black one or the
little red one?
• Quantity: HOW MUCH + Noun? Ex: How much money do you have?
HOW MANY + Noun? Ex: How many books have you got?Interrogative pronouns that refer to human beings or personified objects or animals:
• WHO (Subject or complement) • Ex: Who is that man by the door?
• WHOEVER • Ex: Whoever calls me, tell them I’m out• WHOM (+ Phrasal verb) • Ex: Whom are looking at?
• WHOSE • Ex: Whose is this?
Interrogative Pronouns that refer to anything except to human beings:
• WHAT • Ex: What are you doing?
• WHATEVER• Ex:Whatever you did, we won’t blame you.
• WHICH • Ex: Which do you prefer? Jazz or Rock’n Roll.
• WHICHEVER • Ex:Whichever you choose, it’s yours.
• HOW MUCH • Ex: How much do you need?
• HOWMANY • Ex: How many will come?
• WHY • Ex: Why shout?
• WHERE • Ex: Where do you come from?
• WHEREVER • Ex:Wherever you look, you’ll find beauty.
• WHEN • Ex: When are you leaving?
• WHENEVER •Ex:Whenever you are ready, we shall leave.
• HOW • Ex: How are you?
• HOWEVER • Ex: However interesting irt is, I don’t like it.
A - Fill in the blanks with the right pronoun:
During the Industrial Revolution, (1) …….. started in the mid 18th century, there was an exodus from
the country to the towns, (2) ……. the people usually lived in precarious conditions. Theyworked
long hours and earned very little money, (3) .…… they spent in food and sometimes in gin, too.
Charles Dickens, (4) ……. wrote mostly about the human misery of the 19th century, described theconditions of work in the factories, and mines (5) ……. enabled Britain to become the most powerful
country during the Victorian period.
B - Multiple Choice Questions: Put a circle around the correct...
Ler documento completo
Por favor, assinar para o acesso.