* Definition of drugs
Drugs are chemicals that change the way a person's body works. Drugs can be bad or good for us, it depends what type and in what way we consume it. There are different types ofdrugs:
* Medicines are legal drugs; we use them when we are sick. Doctors can prescribe them for patients, stores can sell them and people are allowed to buy them.
* Cigarettes and alcoholare legal drugs too, but smoking and drinking a lot isn’t healthy for us.
* Illegal drugs; It is prohibited sell them or buy them, it’s considered crime. These types of drugs are the worst typefor our health.
* Reasons why people use drugs
Sometimes kids and teens try drugs to fit in with a group of friends. Or they might be curious or just bored. Someone may use illegal drugs formany reasons, but often because they help the person escape from reality for a while. A drug can temporally make someone who is sad or upset feel better or forget problems. But this escape lasts onlyuntil the drug wears off. Drugs don't resolve problems and using it causes other problems on top of the problems the person had in the first place. Somebody who use drugs can become addicted. Thismeans that the person's body becomes so accustomed to having this drug that the person just can't function well without it. An addicted, has too many difficulties to stop taking this substance. Stoppingcan cause very symptoms, such as vomiting, sweating, and tremors. These sick feelings continue until the person's body gets adjusted to being drug free again.
* Consequences of illegal drugs useIllegal drugs aren't good for anyone, but they are particularly bad for youngsters whose body is still growing. Illegal drugs can damage the brain, heart, and other important organs. Cocaine, forinstance, can cause a heart attack even in a kid or teen.
While using drugs, people are also less able to do well in school, sports, and other activities. It's often harder to think clearly and make...
Ler documento completo
Por favor, assinar para o acesso.