The following work is about library and its purposes for the academic community around the city. I will start this work by defining the concept of library according to some writers,and then the next pages will be focused on a sort of questionnaire and answers about it.
A library (from French "librairie"; Latin "liber" = book) is an organized collection of informationresources made accessible to a defined community for reference or borrowing. It provides physical or digital access to material, and may be a physical building or room, or a virtual space, or both. Alibrary's collection can include books, periodicals, newspapers, manuscripts, films, maps, prints, documents, microform, CDs, cassettes, videotapes, DVDs, Blu-ray Discs, e-books, audio books,databases, and other formats.
ALLEN, R. E., The Pocket Oxford Dictionary of Current English. Oxford: Clarendon Press, (1984) p. 421
CASSON, Lionel. Libraries in the Ancient World. YaleUniversity Press. p. 3 (11 Aug 2002).
Choose a library in Lichinga and the following questions
1. Where is the library located?
2. Howcan you reach there?
3. What hours is the library open during the weekdays?
4. Is the library opened at the weekends?
5. Can you borrow books?
6. Can you photocopy material?
7. How is thelibrary organized?
7.1. How many sections are there?
8. What sources of information are available?
9. How are the books arranged?
10. Is there a catalogue?
10.1. How is the catalogue organized ordivided?
11. Find out what books the library has for English course.
11.1. Write a bibliography, including title, author, publisher and date of publication.
1. The library islocated at the crossroads between Bagamoio and 7 de Abril streets, in the center of the capital city of Niassa province, Lichinga. It is called Biblioteca Pública de Niassa, Lichinga.
2. From UP...