lssyscfg -r sys -F name
hmcshutdown -t now -r
HMC Tips IX - System Plan
1. How to make a system plan from a running machine ?
# mksysplan -f marc.sysplan -m Machine-Name -v
marc.sysplan is the file name.
2. How to list a system plan ?
3. How to delete a particular system plan ?
4. How to reploy a system plan on a managed server ?# deploysysplan
5. How to copy a system plan from/into the HMC ?
HMC Tips VIII - DLPAR Requirements
1. What is version requirment for DLPAR operations ?
a. A P4 processor based pSeries system or later
b. October 2002 or later system microcode update
c. A HMC at version R3V1.0 or later
4. AIX 5L Version 5.2 or later
2. What are the AIX filesets required for DLPAR ?a. # lslpp -l rsct.core*
b. # lslpp -l csm.client
3. What are the daemons required for DLPAR ?
#lssrc -a | grep rsct
ctrmc rsct 21044 active
IBM.CSMAgentRM rsct_rm 21045 active
IBM.ServiceRM rsct_rm 11836 active
IBM.DRM rsct_rm 20011 active
IBM.HostRM rsct_rm 20012 active
IBM.DMSRM rsct_rm 906 active
IBM.LparCmdRM rsct_rm 901 active
4. On HMC, how to list partitions recognized byDLAPR ?
# lspartition -dlpar
If all active AIX 5.2 partitions are listed as Active, ..., DCaps: your system has been set up properly for DLPAR.
If you're missing some active partitions or some partitions are reported as Active, your system probably still has a network/hostname set up problem.
5. How to resolve name resolution issues between LPARs and HMC ?
Step I :
# vi /etc/resolv.conf1.Same DNS server for LPARs and HMC
2.Remove the duplicate entries.
Please check to see the that ct_node_id is unique for each node in the environment:
If duplicate ct_node_id values are found issue a recfgct on the problem node(s) to have a new/unique ct_node_id generated.
(This command will start/restartctcas,ctrmc system and will generate a new id in the file /var/ct/cfg/ct_node_id )
ping from aix.
Please also do the following steps on the LPAR(s) to refresh RMC subsystem
/usr/sbin/rsct/bin/rmcctrl -z ----> Stops the RMC subsystem and all resource managers.
/usr/sbin/rsct/bin/rmcctrl -A ----> Adds and starts the RMC subsystem
/usr/sbin/rsct/bin/rmcctrl -p ----> Enablesremote client connections
Ensure /var directory is not 100% full
After expanding the /var directory, execute the following command.
# /usr/sbin/rsct/bin/rmcctrl -z
# rm /var/ct/cfg/ct_has.thl
# rm /var/ct/cfg/ctrmc.acls
# /usr/sbin/rsct/bin/rmcctrl -A
If problem still persists, please run the below command to collect the DLPAR log in /tmp/ctsupt:
6. How to find the parent device of a device like cdrom in AIX ?
# lsdev -Cl cd0 -F parent
HMC Tips VII - General Terms
1. What is the maximum number of servers managed by HMC ?
> Maximum of 48 non-590-595 servers
> Maximum of 32 590/595 servers
2. What is the maximum number of LPARs supported by a HMC ?
> Maximum of 254 LPARs
3. How many HMCs can manage a serverat one time ?
> You can have a maximum of 2 HMCs manage a server at one time
4. What are the different types of dynamic operations you can do with CPU, Memory and I/O Adapter on a LPAR ?
5. How do we connect the HMC to power machines ?
For Power-4 machines, we connect the hmc using serial cables.
But for Power-5 machines, HMC connects to service processors viaSSL-encrypted Ethernet, replacing the serial cables.
6. Do we have firewall configured in HMC ?
Yes. Each network card has an integrated firewall.
7. Do we need to configure DHCP in HMC ?
HMC may be a DHCP server for entry and mid-range servers.
But for high-end servers like P595, HMC must be a DHCP server
8. can we have the same HMC to manage P4 and P5 machines ?
Ler documento completo
Por favor, assinar para o acesso.