What happens when someone commits a crime? Put the following activities in the correct order. The first one has been done for you.
The convict is released onparole
1. The criminal commits a crime
The criminal goes to court
The criminal goes to prison
The criminal is released on bail
The judge passes sentence
The jury finds the suspect guiltyThe jury listens to the evidence
The jury reaches a verdict
The police arrest the suspect
The police charge the criminal
The police investigate
The trial starts
Putthe following words into the correct column, depending on which syllable is stressed. Look at the examples first.
police arrest commit jury verdict prison parole suspect (n) suspect (vb)release convict (n) convict (vb) guilty justice
Use the following questions to begin a conversation with yourpartner.
1. Have you ever witnessed a crime? Do you know anyone who has been the victim of a crime?
2. What do you think of the police, the courts and the prisons in your country? What doyou think should be done to improve them?
3. Do you think there is more crime than in the past or less? Why? What do you think will happen in the future?
4. Should police officers be paidmore? Would higher salaries discourage corruption in the police?
5. What do you think are the advantages and disadvantages of being a police officer?
6. What punishments, apart from imprisonment,are carried out in your country?
7. How should young offenders be dealt with? Should they be sent to prison?
8. What do you think about the death penalty?
9. If you found out that a memberof your family had committed a crime, what would you do?
10. Would you like to be a police officer? Why/not?
“Should young criminals (under 18) be sent to prison?”
Ler documento completo
Por favor, assinar para o acesso.