James Cook University Brisbane
Cover Sheet for Assignments
School of Business - James Cook University
Cover Sheet for Assignments
Subject Code | BX3042 |
Subject Name | Service Quality Management |
Due Date | 24/09/2012 |
Lecturer’s Name | Ric Pafumi |
Tutor’s Name | |
Student Family Name | Student Given Name JCU Student Number |1.Neves de Queiroz | Anna Carolina | 1 | 2 | 7 | 6 | 6 | 8 | 0 | 8 |
2. Takasawa | Aiko | 1 | 2 | 7 | 4 | 2 | 2 | 2 | 1 |
3. Liu | Yisi | 1 | 2 | 2 | 8 | 2 | 3 | 2 | 1 |
1) This assignment is my/our original work and no part has been copied from any other person’s work or from any other source except where acknowledgement has been made.
2) I/We hold a copy of thisassignment and can produce a copy if requested.
3) This assignment has not been written for me/us by any other person.
4) This work has not been submitted for any other course/subject.
5) This work may be photocopied and/or communicated for the purpose of identifying plagiarism.
6) I/We give permission for a copy of this marked assignment to be retained by the School of Business for the purposeof course reviews by external examiners.
Information on how to avoid Plagiarism can be found at:
Signed 1: _Date: / /_
Signed 4: Date: / /
Signed 2: _Date: / /_
Signed 5: Date: / /
Please find attached report of ServiceQuality Management for Hotel Florence located at Magnetic Island, Queensland-Australia.
This report aims to provide recommendations and to develop a Performance Excellence plan for Hotel Florence a 3.5 star family resort located at Florence Bay Magnetic Island, Queensland Australia.
Due to its proximity with land, Magnetic Island is a well developed island with goodinfra structure for tourists.
Despite the vast number of already existing hotels at the island, Hotel Florence intends to gain competitive Advantage adopting the “Differentiation Advantage” strategy, focusing on the quality of its service and offering the best in Hospitality with the Concept “All about you”.
Hotel Florence will be administrated by a local family who lives in Magnetic Island. MrPaul, the General Manager is a French born man who arrived in Australia 10 years ago. His family has been involved with hospitality for the last 6 decades in France. Mr Paul has developed important projects in hospitality and is intended to bring the renowned French service quality legate to the business.
Malcolm Baldrige framework and Deming´s Quality Management theory have been combined tolead the business to reach Performance Excellence and the concept of important quality tools (such as Check Sheet, Bar Chart, Pareto and the 80:20) were introduced to help management at Hotel Florence.
The report suggests the best organisational structure that combined with and effective leadership with provide important benefits for the business:
* Reduce Operating Costs
* Improvecommunication across all levels
* Delivery of high customer service
The mentioned work, also clearly defines a Mission and a Vision Statements for the Business in a way to create a “belong feeling” among the employees.
This report also draws attention to the fact that Magnetic Island is located in a World Heritage Natural protected area and maps the regional issues to develop a sustainabletourism in the area.
As in-loco visits have not been realised, most of the standard information were extracted from local websites such as: http://www.magnetic-island.com.au/ & http://www.booking.com.
Table of contents
1. Introduction 5
1.1. Presentation of the hotel 5
1.2. Characteristic of the Business 6
1.3. Hotel Florence´s Organisation Chart 7
1.4. Vision and Mission...