* GOOD LUCK
* Lucky to meet a black cat. Black Cats are featured on many good
luck greetings cards and birthday cards in England.
* Lucky to find a cloverplant with four leaves.
* Cut your hair when the moon is waxing and you will have good luck.
* Putting money in the pocket of new clothes brings good luck.
* BAD LUCK
* Unlucky tospill salt. If you do, you must throw it over your
shoulder to counteract the bad luck.
* Unlucky to open an umbrella in doors.
* Unlucky to pass someone on the stairs.
* When finished eating a boiled egg, push the spoon through
the bottom of the empty shell to let the devil out.
* TABLE SUPERSTITIONS
* If you drop a table knife expect a malevisitor, if you drop a fork
a female visitor.
* Crossed cutlery on your plate and expect a quarrel.
* WEDDING SUPERSTITIONS
* The bride should never wear her complete wedding clothesbefore the day.
* For good luck the bride should wear “something
borrowed, something blue, something old and something new”.
1. What is lucky to say on the firstday of the month?
2. Which way must a horse-shoe be to bring good luck?
3. What object is lucky to catch in autumn?
4. What must you do if you spill salt?
5. Putting new shoes on the table bringsgood luck. True or False?
6. Why is Tuesday 13th considered to be unlucky?
7. What will happen if the ravens leave the Tower of London?
8. White rabbits are considered to be............
9. Whyis it unlucky to have the feathers of a Peacock within home?
10. Do bats bring good luck?
1. On the first day of the month it is lucky to say “white rabbits,
white rabbits,white rabbits”, before uttering your first word of the day
2. The horseshoe needs to be the right way up. The luck runs out of
the horseshoe if it is upside down.
3. Catch falling leaves in Autumn...