PART 1 :: TWITTER.COM QUICKSTART 1. Create a new Manual Feed in your Pachube.com account. Take note of the feed ID - we will use it later.
2. Create a new account on Twitter.com.
3. From your Twitter.com account, tweet the message follow pachtweet using the text entry box. This is called a public tweet. You can alsosend Direct Messages (DM), which are private. The user pachtweet acts as a courier, delivering your commands from Twitter.com to Pachube.com.
4. Tweet the message @pachtweet connect into the text entry box. “@pachtweet” designates the recipient, “connect” is the message. Wait for the user pachtweet to send you a DM. Direct Messages can be found under the menu list on the right.
5. Reply topachtweet’s DM with the message key YOUR_PACHUBE_KEY This is a one-time authentication process, allowing only your Twitter.com account to access your Pachube.com feeds. YOUR_PACHUBE_KEY is also called your API Key, and you can find it under Settings inside your Pachube.com account. You are now ready to send commands to your Pachube feed by using Direct Messages in Twitter.com.
6. To begincontrolling your Arduino project, send a DM to pachtweet that follows this format: set FEED_ID STREAM0,STREAM1,STREAM2, . . . “set” is a prefix that tells pachtweet you want to enter new data into a feed. “FEED_ID” designates the feed ID where you want to send the data. “STREAM” designates the data to be sent. Streams are ordered sequentially by commas with no spaces. You may have multiple Streams ina single Pachube.com feed. Streams will be listed on your feed in the same order you enter them here.
7. Add the option to send DMs using your cellphone. From your Twitter.com account, click “Settings” in the upper right. Click “Devices”, and follow the on screen instructions to set up your cellphone. Note that updates should be sent to 40404 while in the United States. See the Twitter PhoneFAQ for dialing Twitter from other countries: http://help.twitter.com/forums/10711/entries/14014 Cellphone DMs follow a similar format when updating a Pachube.com feed: d pachtweet set FEED_ID STREAM0,STREAM1,STREAM2, ... “d” is a prefix that tells Twitter.com that you want this to be a Direct Message. “pachtweet” designates the user to send the DM to. The rest is the same as Step 6.
8. DMs fromTwitter.com or your cellphone will update your Pachube.com feed. We still need to set up the Arduino in order for those DMs to be read as commands.
9. Part 1 is now complete.
PART 2 :: ETHERNET SHIELD QUICKSTART 1. Purchase an original Arduino Ethernet Shield if you have not already done so: http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_ info.php?products_id=9026
Ethernet Shield (top)
2.Attach the Ethernet Shield on top of the Arduino. You will probably need to detach your Breadboard/LEDs. The Shield replicates all pins on the Arduino, however it uses pins 10, 11, 12, and 13, for it’s own purposes. Relocate your Breadboard/LEDs so they do not use pins 10, 11, 12, and 13. Remember to update your sketch accordingly.
Arduino USB Board (bottom)
3. Identify the IP address of a...