This is a tool to capture a wireless WEP key.
Wireless Card Installation
1. Download Airopeek Demo (apwdemo.exe) or AiroPeek NX (apnxdemo.exe) andinstall. Make sure your wireless card is supported. You would find at http://ftp.wildpackets.com/pub/demos/.
2. Install Airopeek Demo, and update your wireless card driver. Follow the instruction atC:\Program Files\WildPackets\AiroPeek Japanese Demo\Driver\Readme.htm
3. I am using a CISCO Aironet 350, so I need to update (downgrade) the firmware to version 4.25.30. I downloaded ACU (AironetClient Utility) and firmware from CISCO web site. To download it, you will need an account so you must register yourself.
4. If Airopeek works, your wireless card can capture wireless packetsAirSnort Installation
1. Download AirSnort from http://airsnort.shmoo.com. I have downloaded airsnort-0.2.7e.tar.gz
2. Extract the file (airsnort-0.2.7e.tar.gz). I extracted into
3. Download GTK + 2.4.14 and extract into
4. Download Glib 2.4.7 and extract into
c:\Program Files\airsnort-0.2.7e\glib-2.4.75. Download Pango 1.4.1 and extract into
6. Download ATK 1.8.0 and extract into
7. Add commandsearch path under My Computer->Advanced Tab, Environmental Variables, and Path. You would add as,
C:\Program Files\airsnort-0.2.7e\bin; C:\Program Files\airsnort-0.2.7e\atk-1.8.0\bin; C:\ProgramFiles\airsnort-0.2.7e\glib-2.4.7\bin; C:\Program Files\airsnort-0.2.7e\gtk+-2.4.14\bin; C:\Program Files\airsnort-0.2.7e\pango-1.4.1\bin |
Note: Don't include any space.
9. Copy thePeek5.sys and peek.dll from the Airopeek directory (C:\Program Files\WildPackets\AiroPeek Demo) to the airsnort bin
10. Download iconv.dll to your Airsnort bin....